Summer Reading Program 2018
- Sign up for the summer reading program begins on June 18th.
- The program is open to children, teens, and adults of all ages.
- Our program is also open to Youth With Any Disability. If you have any difficulty in reading we will have books and/or audio books available at the level you would like. If the books you want are not in our library please speak to the librarian and we will be sure to get you just what you want.
- Programs and activities are available for all children and their families.
- Please sign-up at the library or on-line. IF YOU SIGN UP ON-LINE BE SURE TO SELECT THE CORRECT GROUP (Preschool, K-5, OR 6-12 BEFORE YOU START ENTERING ANY DATA. THE TABS ARE ACROSS THE TOP OF THE REGISTRATION BOX.
- You may register on-line by clicking here . Reading for the program begins June 29th. All reading must be completed and forms turned in (or submitted on-line) by 6:00 PM on Monday, August 13th to get your certificate and prizes at the celebration on August 17th. If you haven’t completed your reading by then you can keep reading until Friday, August 31st . You can then pick up your certificate the following week.
- For a detailed explanation of the Requirements please scroll down.
- The celebration for the completion of the reading program is on Friday, August 17 from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. Those who have completed the reading requirements for the summer reading program may pick up their certificates and prizes at that time. If you are unable to attend that day your prizes may be picked up at the library any time after that day.
- For children age 5 and younger: read 150 minutes and and fill out the reading log.
- For children in grades K-5: read 200 minutes and fill out the reading log.
- For those in grades 6-12: read 300 minutes and fill out the reading log.
- When the requirements are met be sure to turn in the folder to the librarian (unless the forms are completed on-line) and your name will be added to the list of those who have completed the program. This must be done by 6:00 PM on Monday, August 13 in order to receive prizes at the August 17th celebration.
- If you haven’t finished by then you should keep reading until Friday, August 31 at 6 PM when all forms or online logging must be completed.
EVENTS AND PROGRAMS at The Petersburgh Public Library
Downloadable PDF calendar of our events:
• COMMUNITY SPECIAL EVENTS •
Community Family Dance – JUNE 29, 6:00-7:30 PM
Our Summer Reading Program will kick off this year with a community family-friendly dance at the Petersburgh Veterans Memorial Community Center! We’ll be dancing to family friendly songs provided by DJ Cameron Tobin of Cams Jams. There will be lights, lasers, fog, selfie corner, and more! Refreshments will be provided. While there we will have a table where you can register to participate in our summer reading program.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Rock Climbing Wall – AUGUST 17, 2018, 5:00-7:00 PM
We will wrap up our Summer Reading Program with a huge community event you won’t want to miss! Libraries Rock in many ways, and here is another one! Climb Time will be visiting us here at the library with their massive 24 ft tall rock wall! It has 4 sides & offers 20 different climbing routes. It’s great for all abilities and all ages – they’ve had climbers from age 3 to 87! Give it a try or just come and watch your friends and neighbors!
ALL ARE WELCOME!
• SUMMER READING SPECIAL EVENTS •
Come join us for our special programs that will delight and entertain you. You are guaranteed to have a good time whether you are young or old, with or without children to accompany you! These programs are all held next door to the Library at the Petersburgh Veterans Memorial Community Center (PVMCC) at 10:30 am
MONDAY, JULY 2 – 10:30 AM @ PVMCC
DYKEN POND – OUTLANDISH OWLS
Find out why owls are the rock stars of the northeastern night sky!
FRIDAY, JULY 6 – 10:30 AM @ PVMCC
SAM SAM THE MAGIC MAN
Accomplished magician Sam Dvorak will amaze and astound with his incredible magic tricks that will leave you wondering “How did he DO that?!”
MONDAY, JULY 9 – 10:30 AM @ PVMCC
UNCHARTED WILD SUPER REPTILE SHOW
Uncharted Wild brings the wild to YOU and lets you see, feel, and learn about up close and personally some amazing exotic animals you definitely won’t find in your backyard! They’ll bring creatures that crawl, fly, hop, and slither from all over the world to you in a program that is as fun as they are educational! Wait until you meet Norman!
FRIDAY, JULY 13 – 10:30 AM @ PVMCC
JUDO PRESENTATION WITH NICK KOSSOR
Join us for an interactive crowd participation event with Nick Kossor, top ranked Judo expert.
MONDAY, JULY 16 – 10:30 AM @ PVMCC
Karen Day, teacher at Berlin High School and local celebrity, will be with us providing a fun, interactive food-related event that you won’t want to miss!
FRIDAY, JULY 20 – 10:30 AM @ PVMCC
GRAFTON LAKES STATE PARK
Explore the wonders of nature with GLSP!
• SUMMER READING WEEKLY PROGRAMS •
These programs will run weekly from July 2nd through August 10th.
They are open to all and we welcome you to join us!
Crafts, games, STEM activities…
you’ll never know what we have planned until you get here!
-Tuesday Preschool Story Time-
Stories, games, and crafts– all geared for the 5 and under age group and their caregivers.
-Rock Garden Wednesday-
Each week we’ll design a themed rock and add it to the library’s rock garden.
-Puzzle Piecing Thursday-
Come join us in building large jigsaw puzzles that will be hung for permanent display in our library!
-Fantastic Lego Friday-
We have Legos and can’t wait to see what you build!
• MORE INFORMATION AND EVENT SCHEDULE •
Information and schedules will be available at the following places:
• At the Library
• Facebook: Facebook.com/PetersburghPublicLibrary
• Website: www.petersburghpubliclibrary.org