POTTERY WORKSHOP SIGN UP
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8TH FROM 2 TO 4 P.M.
CHILDREN OF ALL AGES ARE INVITED TO BRING THEIR FAVORITE BOARD OR GROUP GAMES AND JOIN US FOR AN AFTERNOON OF GAMES.
If you plan to purchase anything from Amazon.com please use our link to Amazon Smile. Any purchases made through our link to Amazon Smile will result in a donation (from Amazon Smile) being made to the Petersburgh Public Library. Thanks!
Read it Forward (RIF) Survey
Story Hour for Preschoolers
Story Hour is every Tuesday at 11 A.M. through May 19, 2015 but will not be held on days when school is closed or delayed. All preschoolers and their care givers are invited for stories, activities, and snacks!!
Knit & Crochet Group
Everyone welcome to Knitting Classes at 4 PM on Wednesdays. Come be part of the Knit & Crochet group either as a novice or experienced knitter. Call us at 658-2927 if there is a better time for you to make the class.
Email addresses wanted!
The library is trying to update our patron’s information with email addresses. If we have your email address, you will be sent an email notifying you of upcoming due dates on your checked out items and then an overdue notice once an item has been out too long. Please let us know your email address next time you come in. This will help you keep track of your checked out items and when they are due.
Museum Pass available
MASS MoCA Family pass available – Admits 2 Adults and 2 Children (under 16) for free.
Art In The Library
CURRENTLY ON DISPLAY IS THE WATERCOLOR ARTWORK OF ANN LINDSAY. ALL THE PAINTINGS ON DISPLAY WERE DONE ON LOCATION IN THE GREEK ISLANDS OF PAROS AND SANTORINI. STOP IN THE LIBRARY AND SEE THE BEAUTIFUL PAINTINGS! ALSO, IN THE DISPLAY CASE, THERE ARE SKETCHES DONE BY ANN BEFORE THE PAINTINGS.
Any interested artists, who have artwork or photographs that they would like to display at the library, can call the library at 658-2927. We have wall space to display your art and would love to hear from you. There is no charge to display it here.
Book Discussion Group
The group meets at 7:00 P.M. on the second Wednesday of each month. NEXT BOOK CLUB: THE LOWLAND BY JHUMPA LAHIRI ON APRIL 8 AT 7 PM.
The books being discussed are available from the Library so you can read them prior to the meeting. New members are always welcome to join. Please join us even if you are only able to come once in a while or just want to come for the books in which you are interested.
2014 Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults as voted by YALSA
(YALSA = Young Adult Library Services Association)
- Berry, Julie. All the Truth That’s in Me. Penguin/Viking Juvenile, 2013.
- Clark, Kristin Elizabeth. Freakboy. Macmillan/Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2013.
- Federle, Tim. Better Nate Than Ever. Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- McNeal, Tom. Far Far Away. Random House/Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- Rowell, Rainbow. Eleanor & Park. Macmillan/St. Martin’s Griffin, 2013.
- Sedgwick, Marcus. Midwinterblood. Macmillan/Roaring Brook Press, 2013.
- Sepetys, Ruta. Out of the Easy. Penguin/Philomel, 2013.
- Smith, Andrew. Winger. Illustrated by Sam Bosma. Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- Sullivan, Tara. Golden Boy. Penguin/Putnam Juvenile, 2013.
- Wein, Elizabeth. Rose Under Fire. Disney-Hyperion, 2013.