If you plan to purchase anything from Amazon.com please use our link to Amazon Smile. Any purchases made through our link to Amazon Smile will result in a donation (from Amazon Smile) being made to the Petersburgh Public Library. Thanks!
Read it Forward (RIF) Survey
Story Hour for Preschoolers
Story Hour is every Tuesday at 11 A.M. through May 19, 2015 but will not be held on days when school is closed or delayed. All preschoolers and their care givers are invited for stories, activities, and snacks!!
Knit & Crochet Group
Everyone welcome to Knitting Classes at 4 PM on Wednesdays. Come be part of the Knit & Crochet group either as a novice or experienced knitter. Call us at 658-2927 if there is a better time for you to make the class.
Email addresses wanted!
The library is trying to update our patron’s information with email addresses. If we have your email address, you will be sent an email notifying you of upcoming due dates on your checked out items and then an overdue notice once an item has been out too long. Please let us know your email address next time you come in. This will help you keep track of your checked out items and when they are due.
Museum Pass available
MASS MoCA Family pass available – Admits 2 Adults and 2 Children (under 16) for free.
Art In The Library
CURRENTLY ON DISPLAY are the photographs of Tristin Webster. Tristin is a native of the valley and currently resides in Berlin, NY. The birth of her first child led to a new favorite pastime, photography. Her photography captures moments with her family and friends as well as scenes of nature. Stop in and see her beautiful photographs!
Any interested artists, who have artwork or photographs that they would like to display at the library, can call the library at 658-2927. We have wall space to display your art and would love to hear from you. There is no charge to display it here.
Book Discussion Group
The group meets at 7:00 P.M. on the second Wednesday of each month. NEXT BOOK CLUB: THE TESTAMENT OF MARY BY COLM TOIBIN ON MAY 13TH AT 7 PM.
The books being discussed are available from the Library so you can read them prior to the meeting. New members are always welcome to join. Please join us even if you are only able to come once in a while or just want to come for the books in which you are interested.
2014 Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults as voted by YALSA
(YALSA = Young Adult Library Services Association)
- Berry, Julie. All the Truth That’s in Me. Penguin/Viking Juvenile, 2013.
- Clark, Kristin Elizabeth. Freakboy. Macmillan/Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2013.
- Federle, Tim. Better Nate Than Ever. Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- McNeal, Tom. Far Far Away. Random House/Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- Rowell, Rainbow. Eleanor & Park. Macmillan/St. Martin’s Griffin, 2013.
- Sedgwick, Marcus. Midwinterblood. Macmillan/Roaring Brook Press, 2013.
- Sepetys, Ruta. Out of the Easy. Penguin/Philomel, 2013.
- Smith, Andrew. Winger. Illustrated by Sam Bosma. Simon & Schuster/Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- Sullivan, Tara. Golden Boy. Penguin/Putnam Juvenile, 2013.
- Wein, Elizabeth. Rose Under Fire. Disney-Hyperion, 2013.